Thursday, June 14, 2012

"I AM"

PNC member Bill Yakely shared a helpful word with us at tonight's meeting. It is a wonderful encouragement to live in the moment. As the PNC continues to make progress at a deliberate, but perhaps not blistering pace, it is easy to think that nothing is happening, and we begin fretting about the future over which we hold no control. Rest assured, "I AM" is in charge of this process, and we are regularly seeking his presence, moment by moment. Perhaps you will find this piece by Helen Malicoat helpful as well.

I was regretting the past
and fearing the future.
Suddenly, my Lord was speaking.
"My name is I Am."
He paused. I waited. He continued.

"When you live in the past,
with its mistakes and regrets,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not "I was."

When you live in the future,
with its problems and fears,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not "I will be."

When you live in this moment
it is not hard. I am here.
My name is "I AM."

No comments: